Return to Index Page
Return to Home Page
John King Lethbridge

In 1871 and 1872 the Government was selling land in the area. John King Lethbridge, the son of Robert Copland Lethbridge and Mary King Lethbridge, bought land next to "Dunheved" and built a fine homestead. He called the property "Tregeare" after his great uncle's property in England. During the Second World War, "Tregeare" was taken over by the R.A.A.F. They built an airstrip there and used the homestead for offices. It was returned to the family after the war and was sold in 1961. This property is now the suburb of Tregeare, Lethbridge Park and part of Emerton.

J.K. Lethbridge in later years
Tregeare farm, N.S.W.
Go To Page 12 (Frogmore-Werrington Park)